The Role: Production and Inventory Control Operator
The Production and Inventory Control Operator follows instructions to build and assemble Svante pre-production and production units. The Operator is expected to work positively and respectfully as part of a team. The operator is expected to actively participate in Svante 5S and continuous improvement (Kaizen) programs. The Operator is expected to be able to recognize deficiencies and inform the Team Lead when they occur.
The Operator may also be requested to carry our Inventory control (Kanban) and TPM activities.
The Operator is fully empowered to halt production if any safety, quality issue or discrepancy is identified.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Performs assembly, test and inspection operations to build schedules according to released operating instructions.
- Prepares raw materials for manufacturing processes.
- Operates various equipment and tools.
- Assists in the trouble shooting and improvement of processes – Kaizen.
- Maintains Kanban levels in assigned areas.
- Maintains shop-floor/quality documentation.
- Maintains 5S excellence of the production area.
- Conducts procedures within health and safety guidelines, informs Team Lead of deficiencies.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
- Education: Machine/mechanical assembly courses are an asset.
- Experience: 2 to 5 years’ hands-on mechanical assembly.
- Experience in and passion for a lean manufacturing environment an asset.
- Some equipment operating skills – but mainly hand-tools.
- Understanding of health and safety.
- Quick learner, lots of energy and ability to multi task.
- Proficiency in Office software such as Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written English skills and ability to create documentation.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
Be part of a team that is tackling one of the largest challenges of our generation. As a Svante employee, you will apply your talents in ways that make a difference in our world by directly contributing towards technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.