Be part of a team that is tackling one of the largest challenges of our generation. As a Svante employee, you will apply your talents in ways that make a difference in our world by directly contributing towards technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Svante is a clean energy technology company with a credible solution for capturing point-source CO₂ emissions and accelerating the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
We are looking for a Plant Operator who is a Journeyman Instrumentation Technician or similar level of experience with an electrical background and can provide onsite and remote monitoring of plant operations, monitor systems, perform inspections, updates log books and informs management of any issues. As an employee of Svante, you will be required to work on-site at the Lafarge Concrete facility in Richmond B.C.
- Reports to plant site on required schedule.
- Complies with all Lafarge site rules, work practice, and safety protocols.
- Monitors plant and all associated equipment.
- Calibrates the plant gas analyzer.
- Performs visual and auditory inspection of plant.
- Performs start up, operation, shut down, and emergency stop of plant if required and safe to do so.
- Assists with monitoring and testing of instrumentation and control systems.
- Maintains and repairs electrical and instrumentation components, wiring and/or fixtures.
- Ensures work complies with electrical code.
- Informs management of any variances or issues.
- Performs routine maintenance on systems and equipment as required.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
- Experience: At least 2 years process experience
- Education: Journeyman Instrumentation Technician preferred but not necessary
- Prior experience with plant operations including electrical maintenance and basic PLC functionality
- Skills in instrumentation, control systems, VFDs, and motors
- Experience with installation, maintenance, and removal of electrical components in the low voltage and extra-low voltage categories (i.e. MCCs, motors, PLC I/O, instrumentation/sensors) is a bonus
- Safety Certification including First Aid, H2S Alive, WHMIS, Basic Firefighting
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- First Aid cert. required (company will provide training if needed)
- H2S Alive cert. required (company will provide training if needed)
- Valid driver license and vehicle required to drive to and from worksite
As a team member you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.
If you want to take the next step in your career, send your resume to jobs@Svanteinc.com with “PO/Instrumentation Technician” in the subject line. For more information about Svante, please visit www.svanteinc.com. You can also connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn @svantesolutions.