Plant Operations Manager
Location: Burnaby, BC or Lloydminster, SK
Be part of a team that is tackling one of the largest challenges of our generation. As a Svante employee, you will apply your talents in ways that make a difference in our world by directly contributing toward technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Svante is a clean energy technology company with a credible solution for capturing point-source CO2 emissions and accelerating the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
We are looking for a Plant Operations Manager who will be based in Burnaby or Lloydminster but available to travel for extended periods of time as required to commission plants and establish operations in various locations around the globe. The Manager will work closely with the Plant Boiler Operators to monitor systems and inspect operations.
- Collaborates with Project Teams on the review and development of project documents (DBMs, Commissioning Plans) and coordination of field resources.
- Works closely with local operators and other support groups to ensure key objectives are effectively implemented in accordance with Svante corporate strategies.
- Carries out effective and efficient cost management activities (target-setting, budgeting/forecasting, variance explanations, and identifying efficiency opportunities).
- Supports Business Development with the review and development of Operations and Sales Agreements.
- Supports the implementation and sustainment of major programs such as ERP, Asset Management and Reliability, Emergency Management, and Training.
- Education: Post-secondary education (university/college) in engineering/technology or equivalent combination of education and experience; 4th Class or better Power Engineer’s Certificate preferred
- Experience: At least 7 years’ leading industrial plant commissioning, start-ups, and operations, most preferably in an oil and gas environment; including leadership experience in directing teams and developing strategies.
- A proven track record in delivering results on schedule, quality and budget.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- Project management experience would be an asset.
- Experience creating clear vision and direction
- Ability to create synergies through working in partnership: Building mutual support and understanding with colleagues
- Demonstrated business acumen to create value: Making priority judgement on what will make the most effective use of resources
- Achieved results through others: Keeping people’s performance on track, anticipating obstacles, building ownership and accountability
- Ability to build capability to drive exceptional performance: Coaching and sharing own knowledge and experience to help people and teams develop
As a team member you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.
If you want to take the next step in your career, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Plant Ops Manager” in the subject line. For more information connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter @svantesolutions.