Corporate Development | Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Burnaby, British Colombia
We are looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Advisor to join Svante’ Finance and Corporate Development team, reporting to the VP Finance and Corporate Development. The FP&A Advisor will assist in implementing senior management’s strategic and operating plans by providing high quality financial planning and analysis and helping to improve and manage the Company’s corporate budgeting, forecasting and planning system. In addition, the FP&A Advisor will play a key role in project development and commercial activities through financial modeling and decision support analysis. The role will require a strong quantitative and finance background, as well as the ability to work across the organization to gather the required information and return actionable analysis and insight. Depending on the applicant’s strengths and experience, the role may be modified to better suit the successful candidate.
- Manages the Company’s corporate budgeting process, including rolling forecasts and administration of the Company’s software-based corporate performance management (CPM) system.
- Works closely with the accounting and treasury team, operational business divisions, and project teams to prepare a monthly corporate reporting package with detailed cash flow reports and reforecasts, variance analysis and financial and operational KPI’s.
- Maintains the Company’s detailed long-range corporate financial model for corporate valuation, scenario analysis and strategic planning purposes.
- Provides analytical support for project development, maintains and assists in developing detailed project economic and financial models for new CO2 capture projects and commercial activities.
- Provides ad-hoc business performance reporting, and uses BI tools such as Power BI or Tableau to develop financial and operational dashboard reports for senior management and the Board.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Economics or Engineering
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and capital budgeting/project economic analysis, proficient in DCF analysis and other valuation methodologies, enrollment in the CFA program, or finance focused MBA an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in budgeting, planning or financial analytics – or finance related fields such as corporate development, investment banking/capital markets, or corporate finance advisory
- Advanced skill set in Microsoft Excel and prior experience with financial modeling
- Experience with capital intensive and project-oriented industries such as energy, infrastructure, clean technology or natural resource industries an asset
- Prior experience with finance and planning software such as ERP systems, CPM software (Planning Maestro) and business intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau) an asset
- Self-directed, pro-active, highly motivated and extremely flexible.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to confidently interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent attention to detail
- Deals with ambiguity and complexity comfortably
- Ability to manage several competing priorities at once, excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills