We are looking for: Control Systems / Instrumentation Technologist
- Interprets customer requirements, identifies and addresses scope of work and ensures solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
- Develops and adopts standards where required.
- Designs automation systems including PLC, HMI, DCS, and communication networks.
- Specifies/selects instruments and final control devices.
- Provides P&ID input to the Process Group.
- Prepares instrument index and instrument data sheets.
- Prepares instrument installation detail drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Prepares Controls Narrative with Process group.
- Prepares Functional Descriptions, Detail Design Specifications, and Control System Test Plans.
- Programs and tests PLC, DCS, HMIs, VFDs, Gas analyzers, servo drives, robots, etc.
- Prepares design documentation and drawings such as: PLC panel layouts, I/O module schematics, termination diagrams, Loop diagrams, bills of materials, cable schedules, user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, as well as electrical motor control diagrams.
- Prepares instrumentation and control systems layout and block diagrams drawings.
- Designs and drafts Low Voltage electrical schematics.
- Connects, commissions, and troubleshoots industrial automation, controls and electrical systems and components, including: PLCs, VFDs, instrumentation, and industrial networking.
- Performs Hands-on wiring of control systems and electrical components.
- Checks electrical panel builds against drawings and troubleshoots panels during start-up.
- Performs site visits to field verify design details.
- Prepares labour estimates and capital costs for small to medium size control system projects
- Carries out other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Education: Diploma/Degree in Industrial Automation and Instrumentation
- Experience: 4-6 years in chemical process control engineering with complete understanding of P&ID’s, loop sheets, panel layouts, control narratives, logic diagrams, etc.
- Direct progressive hands-on experience in design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning PLC systems
- Familiarity with Regulations and codes such as CSA approval and Canadian Electrical Code
- Experience in developing Low Voltage electrical MCC schematics
- Estimation of labour and capital costs experience is an asset
- Formal training from control system vendor or industry software tools is an asset
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Highly organized and motivated to carry out a variety of duties.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask
- Willing to learn on and off the job
- Proficient in MS Office
Software and Systems:
- Experience with PLCs such as Rockwell Allen Bradley Micrologix and Modicon
- Experience with programming of PLC/HMI/DCS
- Experience with RSLogix 500/5000 is an asset
- Knowledge of fieldbus protocols such as Ethernet/IP, Modbus, and DeviceNet is an asset
- Drafting experience in AutoCAD P&ID and AutoCAD Electrical
If you want to take the next step in your career, send your resume to email@example.com
with “Instrumentation Technologist”
in the subject line. For more information about Svante, please visit www.svanteinc.com
. You can also connect with us on Facebook